Good news for all ZenFone 3 users, ASUS has rolled out the Android Nougat update to the ZenFone 3 — specifically the ZE520KL and ZE552KL variants.
The updates are pushed over-the-air (FOTA), and if you haven’t received the notification, it is suggested to manually check for the update for now. To update your ZenFone 3, your phone must have at least 1.5GB free space.
Here are the official changelogs:
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications).
- Improve Touch performance.
- Enable FET VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Remove “Share Link” as it does not work properly on Android N.
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu.
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively.
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
- For user who upgrades from Android M to Android N and does Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.
Duly note that the Android Nougat update is currently available for the ZE520KL and ZE552KL variants. For the rest of the ZenFone 3 models, we’ll have to wait.